Wednesday 25 June 2014

Big Write 27.6.14

This week our Big write will be to write a recount of our trip to Kirkstall Abbey.  We have practised writing recounts and we have found out that they have a clear structure.  These are our success steps for recounts.

I can write in the first person –
me, I, she, you, her, him.

I can write about events in the
order that they happened.

I can use time openers to start my
sentences and order what happened.

I can write a title and an introduction that tells
the reader who, when, where.


These are examples of time openers - First, next, then, after that, in the end and finally. 

Talking over the children's trip and asking questions like; 
What did you do first? 
After that tell me what you did?
What was the last thing that you did?
will really help the children's recall of events.


No comments:

Post a Comment